1. Which university in the South did Thomas Jefferson found, design and build?
2. Jefferson wrote a book rejecting the divinity of this man. Name the individual?
3. What type of system did Jefferson suggest for the US currency?
4. Thomas Jefferson was one of two presidents to sign the Declaration of Independence. Who was the other?
5. Which state’s capital is named after Jefferson?
6. Of 10, 15, 20 and 25. What % of the US population was comprised of slaves at the time of Jefferson’s inauguration?
7. What political party did Jefferson represent?
8. What was his nickname?
9. What day of the year did Thomas Jefferson die?
10. What was the name of Jefferson’s mountaintop home?
11. Jefferson is alleged to have had an affair with this slave woman who bore him a son. Who was she?
12. In which country did Jefferson live between 1784 and 1789?
Answers to Thomas Jefferson
1. The University of Virginia
2. Jesus Christ. The book was entitled ‘The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth’.
3. The decimal system.
4. John Adams.
5. Missouri. Capital is Jefferson City.
6. 20%. Jefferson owned 200 slaves himself.
7. Democratic-Republican Party
8. Red Fox
9. 4th of July 1826. The same day and year as John Adams. Pretty eerie..
11. Sally Hemmings.
12. France. He was the US Ambassador. Saw first hand the events leading to the French Revolution.