Taken from my website:
1. Alexander the Great - Macedonian/Greek king. Persian Wars and the Alexandrian drive for Empire in the 4th century BC.
2. Napoleon Bonaparte - French Emperor. Napoleonic Wars late 18th century to 1815.
3. Julius Caesar - Roman General. Roman Wars against the Barbarians in particular the Gallic Wars.
4. Tamerlane - Tatar leader. Tatar conquests of the 14th and 15th centuries.
5. John Churchill - aka Duke of Marlborough. English general in War of the Spanish Succession.
6. Sun Tzu - Chinese Philosopher. Wrote the Art of War. A timeless bible on warfare strategy.
7. Genghis Khan - Mongol leader. Mongol conquests 12th and 13th century.
8. Karl Clausewitz - Prussian General and influential military theorist.
9. Erwin Rommel - German General. North African Campaign of World War II.
10. Saladin - Kurdish Warrior. War of the Crusades. Led Muslim resistance.
11. Lord Nelson - British Admiral during the Napoleonic Wars.
12. Richard the Lionheart - English king. 3rd Crusade.
13. Heinz Guaderain - German General. Second World War. Proponent of the Blitzkrieg.
14. Frederick the Great - Prussian king. War of the Austrian Succession and the Seven Years War.
15. Helmuth von Moltke - German General and master strategist. World War I.
16. Gustavus Adolphus - Swedish king. The Thirty Years War.
17. Ariel Sharon - Israeli General. Yom Kippur War.
18. Marshal Zhukov - Russian General. Second World War.
19. George Washington - American Revolution.
20. Peter the Great - Russian Tsar. Northern Wars between Russia and Sweden.
21. Robert Clive - British general led conquest of India.
22. Shaka Zulu - Zulu Chief. Wars leading to the formation of the Zulu Empire.
23. Justinian the Great - Byzantine Emperor led campaigns against the Vandals and Barbarians.
24. Hannibal - Leader of Carthage. Second Punic War against Rome.
25. David - Hebrew King. Campaigns against the Philistines.
26. Scipio Africanus - Roman General. Second Punic War against Carthage.
27. Edward I - English king. Crusades and the war against the Scots and the Welsh.
28. Menelik - Abyssinian leader. Defeated Italians at Adowa in 1896.
29. Douglas MacArthur - American general. Second World War (Far East Campaign) and the Korean War.
30. Charlemagne - French king. Wars against the Moors and other 'pagan' forces in creating a French super state.
31. Prince Eugene of Savoy - Austrian General. War of the Spanish Succession.
31A. Francis Drake - English Naval figure/pirate. Shipping Wars against Spain.
32. Atilla the Hun - Terrorizing of Europe toward the end of the West Roman Empire.
33. Robert the Bruce - Scottish King. War against the English in the 13th century.
34. General Giap - North Vietnamese General. Vietnam War.
35. William Sherman - American Union General. American Civil War.
36. Moshe Dayan - Israeli General. Six Day War (1967)
37. Earl Kitchener - British/Irish Field Marshal. Campaigns against the Mahdi in Sudan.
38. Sulamein the Magnificent - Wars for the Expansion of the Ottoman Empire.
39. Paul von Hindenburg - German General . World War I.
40. Lysander - Spartan Naval Commander during Pelopennesian Wars.
41. George Patton - American General. World War II.
42. Chi Huanghdi - Chinese Emperor started dynasty after which the country is named. Campaigns against the Barbarians in the 3rd century BC.
43. Louis IX - French king. Crusades and the War against the English.
44. Mikhail Kutuzov - Russian Field marshal. War against the Turks and the Napoleonic wars.
45. Oliver Cromwell - English general/politician. Lead forces of Parliament in English Civil War - 17th century.
46. Fabianus - Roman General. Pioneered delaying strategy during Second Punic War.
47. Stonewell Jackson - US Confederate General. American Civil War.
48. Pompey - Roman General. Defeated Spartacus, Mithridates VI and the Marians in the 1st century BC.
49. Mosheshoe - Basuto king. Father of Lesotho. Wars against the British and the Boers.
50. Mikhail Tukachevsky - Russian General. War of the Reds and the Whites. War against Poland.
51. Henry V - Holy Roman Empire. Wars against the French and Protestant forces.
52. Philip of Macedonia - Wars for the Unification of Greece.
53. Geronimo - Apache leader. Waged war against internment on reservation in the
54. Arthur Wellesley - British/Irish General aka Duke of Wellington. Peninsular War and the Napoleonic Wars.
55. Joshua - Hebrew leader. Conquest of Canaan.
56. Hernando Cortes - Spanish soldier. Defeat of the Aztecs.
57. William the Conqueror - Norman king. Invasion of England in 1066.
58. Jan Smuts - South African general. Boer War. Important figure in World War I and World War II allied planning.
59. Robert E. Lee - Confederate General. American Civil War.
60. Marshal Blucher - Prussian General during Napoleonic War.
61. Dwight D. Eisenhower - American Supreme Allied Commander. World War II.
62. Marshal Radetsky - Austrian General. Revolutions of 1948-49.
63. Otto the Great - King of the Germans. War against the 'pagans' in the 10th century BC.
64. Count Bernadotte - French/Swedish General/King. Napoleonic War.
65. Mao Zedong - Chinese Communist leader. War against Japan (WWII) and the fight against the Nationalists.
66. Francisco Pissaro - Spanish conquistador. Conquest of the Inca.
67. Henry of Navarre - French King. War of the Three Henrys.
68. Robert Blake - English Admiral. Anglo-Dutch Wars.
69. Ho Chi Minh - Vietnamese leader. Wars against the Japanese, French and Americans.
70. Akbar - Mughal Emperor. Conquest of India the 16th century.
71. Hulagu - Mongol warlord. Grandson of Genghis Khan. Led drives that exterminated the Assassin sect. Waged War against the Arabs and Persia.
72. Albrecht Wallenstein - Austrian General. Thirty Years War.
73. Charles XII - Swedish King. Northern European Wars.
74. Maarten Tromp - Dutch Admiral. Anglo-Dutch Wars.
75. General John J. Pershing - US General. World War I.
76. Alphonso VIII. - Spanish King. Wars against the Moors.
77. Simon Bolivar - South American revolutionary. War of Liberation against Spain.
78. Louis Faidherbe - French General. West African campaigns in the 19th century.
79. Babar - Mughal Emperor. Wars for Empire Expansion.
80. Cyrus the Great - Persian king. War against the Babylonians.
81. Erich von Luddendorf - German General. World War I.
82. Marshal Tito - Yugoslav Partisan leader - World War II.
83. Alfred Von Tirpitz - German Admiral. World War I.
84. Bernardo O' Higgins - Chilean Revolutionary. Chilean War of Independence.
85. John Paul Jones - American Admiral. American Revolution.
86. Harun Al Rashid - Arab leader. Wars of Arab Conquest.
87. Jahangir - Mughal Emperor. Wars of Mughal Expansion.
88. Jose de San Martin - South American Revolutionary. War of Independence from Spain.
89. Ulysses Grant - Union General. American Civil War.
90. Ferenc Rákóczi II - Hungarian prince. Led revolts against Austrians in 18th century.
91. General Wolfe - British General. Seven Years War - north American campaign.
82. Frederick I Barbarossa - German King. Crusader wars.
93. Darius I - Persian Emperor. Greek-Persian Wars.
94. Gerd Von Runstedt - German general. World War II.
95. Ferdinand Foch - French military leader. World War I.
96. Murad I - Ottoman sultan. Wars of Ottoman expansion - 14th century.
97. Ahmad Shah - Central Asian Warlord. Wars of Afghani expansion - 18th century.
98.Nebuchadnezzer II -Babylonian King. Drove Babylonian expansion. Captured Jerusalem.
99. Bayezid I - Ottoman sultan. Led Ottoman advances into Eastern Europe