From my book: Take the History Challenge
1. Which type of Pyramids were built the century before the Great Pyramids?
2. In what Egyptian location were the most famous of these pyramids built?
3. According to Egyptologists which Pharaoh was responsible for building the First Great Pyramid?
4. By what other name was this Pharaoh known as?
5. Who was his son?
6. Between which centuries did the Old Kingdom last?
7. Which king united Upper and Lower Egypt?
8. Who was the Egyptian God of Wisdom?
9. What people lived immediately to the South of the Egyptians?
10. What people lived immediately to the West of the Egyptians?
11. Who was the Egyptian God of Evil?
12. Who sponsored the mission that discovered ‘Tut’s’ tomb?
13. What were the two most popular names for Egyptian pharoahs?
14. Which Egyptian god is depicted by a jackal?
15. Which Egyptian god is depicted by a falcon?
Answers to Ancient Egypt I
1. Step Pyramids.
2. Zosa in the 26th Century BC.
3. Cheops (or Khufu).
4. Khufu (Cheops).
6. 26th to the 22nd Century BC.
12. Ramases and Ptolemy.
13. Lord Carnarvon.